The Mercy Street scholarship program is designed to assist Mercy street students who are pursuing Christ and His purposes for their life with the higher educational needs. We are pleased to present a scholarship opportunity for Class of 2016 High School Graduates.
Class of 2016 high school graduates who are eligible to attend and have been accepted to a two-year or four-year college, university or technical school may apply. Applicants must be U.S. legal residents, be less than 21 years of age, have a minimum 2.0 GPA and demonstrate a financial need.
- Eligible students must submit a complete scholarship application and all of the required supporting documentation (see below) by the February 15, 2016deadline.
- Scholarship application and supporting documents must be submitted simultaneously. DO NOT submit the application and supporting documentation separately.
Terms and Conditions
Scholarship recipients must enroll in and attend a two-year or four-year college, university or technical school in the year following the scholarship selection. Verification of enrollment is required. Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the accredited institution in which the student enrolls. Scholarship funds will not be paid directly, nor reimbursed, to an award recipient. Recipients will be responsible for obtaining the appropriate paperwork from their college of choice so that payment may be applied.
Scholarship funds will be applied toward tuition, fees and/or other appropriate educational expenses, as determined by Mercy Street.
Supporting Documents (REQUIRED)
In addition to a completed scholarship application, the applicant must submit the following supporting documentation:
- Two reference letters relating to academic and community status – One (1) reference can be from teachers or school administrators.
- High school transcript or a copy of senior year report card.
- Proof of acceptance to a two-year or four-year college, university or technical school.
All completed scholarship applications must be received no later than February 15, 2016 and sent by email, mail or facsimile to:
Email: Garrett Smith, email@example.com
Attention: Garrett Smith
3801 Holystone Street
Dallas, Texas 75212
Fax: 214-905-1014, Attention Garrett Smith.